Metabolism is a complex process that regulates life and almost all physiological functions. You would have to study the root cause of a condition before proceeding with treatment. Sure, such an explanation is not only difficult for laypersons to understand but may give rise to false notions as well. While almost all specialist doctors including endocrinologists depend on the information included in the best Metabolical Book that is recommended, scholars and researchers should do their findings as well. There is no dearth of books in this regard either. The reader of books is not limited to medical practitioners though. Even an ordinary person who wants to be informed may opt for a copy that is written in lucid language and provides the facts shortly and succinctly.
Failure of proper metabolism can result in many health conditions that not only shorten the life expectancy but make the patient suffer discomfort as well. Yes! A majority of metabolical conditions described in books may be congenital i.e. a birth defect. However, several conditions may develop later in life too.
It is vital to understand that the quality of nutrition may affect your metabolism for better or worse. Consuming an excess of fast food and soda can lower your BMR resulting in several disorders/diseases. However, simply turning to medication is not an ideal solution. It is essential to go back and eliminate the cause instead of trying to heal the symptoms.
Another point that must be noted from the books on metabolism and metabolic disorders is the interconnection between nutrition, health, diseases, environment, and society. Each aspect is dependent on the other and trying to find a solution to one without addressing the related issues will be no good. Some of the things that become apparent by going through the best books include the following facts…
You will soon realize that:-
- Treating chronic diseases with medication will not work. You have to get rid of the root cause and not merely treat the symptoms separately
- You may check your biochemical profile and discover what is ailing you
- Chronic metabolic diseases cannot be eliminated by powerful drugs but the problems can be reduced or eliminated by choosing the right foods
- Eating processed food is a strict no-no as they are not only harmful to the body but you may become addicted to them too
- Trying to increase your BMR by dieting may be tough. Instead, follow a few simple strategies for increasing metabolism and you will be able to optimize your weight without losing muscle or feeling exhausted every day.
Common Metabolic Conditions
You must take care of your metabolism by following the advice of a skilled medical professional when you are diagnosed with any of the following:-
- Gaucher’s disease
- Phenylketonuria (PKU)
- Mitochondrial disorder
It is not enough to read the Metabolical Book alone. Follow the advice and visit a doctor as soon as possible. You may be referred to a specialist doctor dealing with metabolic disorders.