If you are searching for a way to do a clean install of Windows 11 on your PC, the most satisfactory way to do it is to create a bootable USB drive. For starters, we introduce the program you can use to create bootable media using ISO. That is Rufus and it is a small and popular utility for creating bootable USB drives with various operating systems. If you download Rufus for Windows, you can easily create Windows 11 USB flash drives. Besides better OS support, this app gives several quality-of-life improvements, especially for those waiting to install Windows 11.
Simply, Rufus is a free, open-source utility to easily create a bootable USB flash drive to upgrade or clean install Windows 11. If you download Rufus for Windows, you can see, it works similarly to the Media Creation Tool, and you can provide an existing ISO file or download the files directly from the Microsoft servers. Let’s see the guide to downloading Rufus for your Windows 11 device with accurate information. Read this tutorial at the end!
The main introductions for Rufus
Unlike the Microsoft solution, this app is not only limited to creating a USB installation media, but it completes the procedure faster. You can easily prepare a USB drive for Windows 11 22H2, 21H2, and even older versions like Windows 10 and 8.1 with this download Rufus for Windows. Also, the latest version of the tool can create a bootable USB that bypasses the security and memory requirements. This is an entirely free and cross-platform application.
Creating a bootable USB drive is a good idea which is helpful in situations your operating system goes wrong and you need to reinstall it. Due to its portability and compatibility, a bootable USB drive is also essential and smart. It is not strenuous to make a bootable USB drive if you use a professional tool like Rufus Windows download. Now focus on how to download Rufus on Windows 11.
Rufus has three Windows 11 image options you can choose from;
- Standard Windows 11 installation
- Extended Windows 11 installation
- Windows 11 To Go
The process to download Rufus for Windows 11
Windows 11 requirements
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Storage: 64 GB or larger storage device
- System firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable
- TPM: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0
- Internet connection: Microsoft account and internet connectivity are needed to set up Windows 11 Home
Steps to download Rufus latest version for Windows 11
- Firstly, download Rufus on your Windows 11
- Connect to the USB drive, and in the top-down menu, Click on the “Select” button when you see the drive
- Go to the browse window, select it, and click the ‘Open’ button
- Click the ‘Tick’ icon next to the “Boot Selection”
- From the Target Device-down menu, select “MBR” from the Drop-Down Partition Scheme and “BIOS or UEFI”
- You can see the “Volume label” field to update the USB drive name. Also, ensure that the “Quick Format” checkbox is selected under Advanced Format Options
- Click the ‘Start’ option
- Now Rufus can appeal that you download more files, depending on the ISO file
- Select the “Write in ISO image mode” option and tap on the “Ok” button in the next prompt. An alert format can also be found Click “OK”
- Rufus begins making the bootable USB drive when you click on the button. It can take a few times to complete the development process depending on your USB drive
- After completing the progress bar, the notification is not finished, but a completion sound is heard and the progress bar turns entirely green
How to use this app to install Windows 11?
To increase the chance of getting stuck in the procedure of the bootable USB creation with download Rufus for Windows, follow these prerequisites!
- An empty USB stick, flash drive
After completing the installation process of Rufus free download for Windows, you need to have an empty flash drive to burn the ISO image. And make sure to use the empty USB drive.
- Download Windows 11 ISO image
There are different Windows 11 files available on the internet, so downloading is quite easy
- Download and install Rufus on your PC
If you want to install Windows 11 with the help of this app, download Rufus for Windows 11 on your PC. But make sure to download the latest version of this app
- 4. Burn the ISO image to the USB drive in Rufus
Setup this app and select the USB flash drive you want to use under devices
How to create bootable USB flash drives with Rufus?
- Download Rufus 2023 download for Windows
- Plug the USB drive into your Windows 11 PC
- Run the app and arrange it as described in the screenshot
- Select the Windows installation media image
- Click the “Start” button to move
- Wait until complete the full procedure
- Finally, detach the USB drive
Explore the features
- Fully compatible with the latest Windows 11 versions
- Properly work with Windows 7,8,10 and Windows 32-bit and 64 versions
- Accordant with old BIOS and firmware
- Entirely free app and it has no hidden charges
- Completely safe and we can highly recommend this app to users
- Small app
- Fastest speed than other alternatives
- Carry out multiple performances
- Compatible with both GPT and UEFI systems
- Don’t need to install any software to run on an executable file
- You can use your own USB bootable drives and avail the swiftness of the application
- Flexible tool
- Compatible with multiple languages
- Simple to configure
That’s all there is to create a Windows 11 bootable USB drive with download Rufus for Windows. You’re now ready to install it on a new PC. This app surely works with Windows latest and oldest versions such as 7,8,10, and 11 (32-bit and 64-bit) Windows devices. What’s more? This is free, open-source, and safe, and this is the best way to create bootable USB flash drives. This tool never disappointed you.
And if you want to get more info, please access our official website. So, why are you still waiting? Try this awesome app and enjoy more features! But don’t forget to share your ideas with us!